Today's Elites

Wednesday, September 02, 2020

The Unfinished American Revolution

Today America is in the throes of roving riots of anarchists fomented by a concert of Democratic Party leftists, radical environmentalists, "Eastern Establishment"media, and globalist foundations and financiers. Today's so called color revolutions of which the current umbrella movements of Black Lives Matter and Antifa in the US are components are being spread and paid for by vehicles like George Soros' Open Society, the Tides and the Ford Foundations, among others. 

In order to comprehend the way in which these forces are threatening this nation, it is necessary to learn and apply the lessons from the battleground of history both recent and as far back as antiquity. I shall first go into my own background from some nearly fifty years ago.

I had gone from high school to the University of Buffalo in 1971 majoring in mathematics. In my case, I was thoroughly disillusioned from the start when I attended there a seminar for mathematics majors. On the first day of that seminar, the instructor stated that there was no other motivation for the study of pure mathematics than mere exercise for the brain. This repulsed me. I had not entered the University with a mind toward obtaining a career and had a New York State Regents scholarship that left me owing nothing. Therefore, I felt free to explore and see if there might be other less completely worthless course of studies than this University's mathematics department could offer. I decided to leave several mathematics courses I began as "incomplete." Instead I veered toward philosophy, literature, art, music, linguistics and classical studies.

I took some courses with something there called Vico college, sort of a University of Chicago "Great Books" copycat. Their premise was the rather Hegelian idea of Vico's that the history really only came into it's adulthood with ancient Rome. This stuck in my craw due to the fact that I considered the Roman Empire to be the epitome of evil. As pat of a course in that college I wrote a paper about Virgil's epic poem the Aeneid. My thesis that when Aeneas returned from hell through the false gate of ivory, it was symbolic of Rome's founding upon falsehood. (I have since recently learned, to my surprise, that this idea has gained some adherents.)  As my little foray in writing the short tale A Little Fugue attempts to show, what I found at that University's stock of intellectuals was quite rotten. The reading materials presented for classes in the history of ideas was dominated by a sort of agreement that existentialism and the new left were the current unchallengeable paradigms for academia. Now, of course, if you as a student desired to avoid this you could try to ignore it and bury your head in your seemingly apolitical course of studies. However virtually all fields of study were tainted by this "culture."

However, one very important and lifelong influence I did encounter was in a course I took there in logic. The reading list included Leibniz' writings. This really threw my worldview at the time into a profound crisis. Up until that time I considered myself to be a non religious thinker. However, Leibniz proof of the existence of God in the Theodicy I could simply not refute or ignore. It has always been my habit once I discovered an interesting author to read everything I could not only by that author but in connected background material referenced. This quickly led me to realize that there was a whole historical counter to the disgusting existential zeitgeist of the 1970s American academia. For example the study of philology rather than linguistics. The development of mathematics not in isolation as a hermetic category of mind games, but as integral to human development. However, none of this nascent viewpoint of what critical thought dawning upon me was available at this university. 

It was with this at this point that I decided to wade into to the rather bizarre world of new left politics that I encountered. I took several mostly non credit courses on the agenda of radical thought. Not just on the economics of Marx but courses on the left's impact on literature like so called social realism. I had all but dropped out of college at this point; I was at an impasse and intellectual crisis in my young adult life. 

Then, I made an abrupt decision and became part of the so called LaRouche movement. The organizer who I first encountered from that movement on Main Street in Buffalo asked me if knew that there was an impending financial collapse coming and what was my idea of the economics needed to change things. I stated that I was veering towards Marx' ideas. This prompted her to provide me with the first pamphlet called "What Only Communists Know: the Italy Lectures." And to provocatively and forcefully tell me something to the effect that "we are not atheists." This of course intrigued me to no end, given my recent wrestling with Leibniz. I became a "contact" by giving her my phone number. I avidly read the material was quite impressed by the original level of thought that opposed the then emerging zero growth environmentalism of the "New Left." After I received several "briefings" on the phone, I attended a meeting of a US Labor Party/ NCLC local in Buffalo. Upon the close of the meeting, I was invited to help distribute literature. I agreed. So began my twenty some years as a political organizer. 

This brings me to the subject on this blog post. Around the lead up to the Presidential election in 1976, LaRouche's US Labor Party issued a pamphlet called The Party of International Terrorism. Unfortunately, this pamphlet seems to be unobtainable online. However, that pamphlet provided the evidence that foundations including the Rockefeller Brother's Fund and the Ford Foundation, allied with the Democratic Party, were financing and responsible for creating terrorist groups like the Weather Underground, for instance. Today, some 45 years on, American cities are literally burning once again due to the instigation and financial "generosity" of these same and new such "philanthropies." The financial bubble created as a result of the deindustrialization of the post industrial, free trade, information age, consumer economy has been bailed out and blown up beyond anyone's wildest imaginings. The Green New Deal being touted by the City of London and the Democratic Party would lead to a total economic breakdown even beyond the current rotten destruction of our infrastructure and cities.  

So what must be done? The rediscovery of the economics of the American System of Alexander Hamilton and finishing of the American Revolution is the answer. The principles that hearken back to the writings of Leibniz have not changed, only the current circumstances to which those principles need to be applied have. If you take the future welfare of this nation seriously you should help bring about their implementation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive