Friday, May 04, 2012
Leonardo: Artist or Scientist?
These arguments are, in the end, ludicrously childish. Although the straw man argument of Newton's alchemy is amusing... ((For example, Newton (in juxtaposition to Leibniz) indeed was a quack! A quack who believed, (among other imbecilities) that the text of the Bible foretold the date of the end of the world based upon a hidden secret code therein.)) The idea that reality can be defined via mere words is nominalism. This is wildly irrational. The desire to put a label on the works of Leonardo and catalog him as in a sort of human zoo is nominalism: it signifies nothing..that is, except superstitious ignorance.
Leonardo won a contest performing as a musician, singing and playing the lute in Florence. He was sent as an emissary of sorts by Lorenzo the Magnificent of Florence to the court of Sforza Duke of Milan. To whom, it was reported, Leonardo proffered a magnificent silver lute of his own design. So really, I believe, you fine fellows have it all wrong. He was really a musician...or was it a designer of theatrical displays?
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 1:34 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- Obama's Brain on Marijuana
- Christine Lagarde: The Face of Evil
- Every Time a Light Goes Off New Brain Cells Are Be...
- More Forgotten Lore--Masonic Magic, Mormons and Th...
- Is the Good Doctor Leonard Suskind Off His Rocker?...
- Information "Theory" is Nothing Except Fraud and M...
- How a Magical Belief in Entropy Makes Us Blind
- Winter of Financiers' Discontent
- Abraham Lincoln's Assassination, Colley Cibber, Al...
- The Beautiful Puritan Pansies: Glanvill, Mather, F...
- More Sunday Funnies
- The Ugly Truth About Gertrude Stein
- The Astounding Protein Vectored Topology of Cell M...
- Leonardo: Artist or Scientist?
- HSBC Laundering Drug Money-Quelle Surprise!
- Biology Subdues Randomness
- Simple Question About Chris Christie
- Obama Romney Bin Laden
- The Terminally Ill Philosophy
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)