Saturday, January 22, 2011
Where in the World is Lisa Zyga?
This just in:
Participating in an 8-week mindfulness meditation program appears to make measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress. In a study that will appear in the January 30 issue of Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, a team led by Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) researchers report the results of their study, the first to document meditation-produced changes over time in the brain's grey matter.
Wow! What new age mysticism here in the great tradition of phrenology and Mesmerism...How about reporting on some research on "conscious dreaming?" Oops, I forgot about that madman in Arizona. Where's Lisa Zyga when you need her?
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 5:03 AM
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- Is the Multiverse Immoral?
- More Lilliputian Tales
- Saturday Follies
- Liberal Racism Exposed Liberally
- A Heated Debate in Hell
- More Chaotic Babble
- From the Mouths of Babes
- Now Isn't This a Dainty Quantum Dish?
- Thank You Bill Gates for Your "Charity"
- Where in the World is Lisa Zyga?
- How We Like Sheep Do Go Astray--
- Why Insurance Companies Heart Obamacare
- What Does The M in M Theory Stand For?
- Warmed Over Malthusian Fecal Matter
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)