Tuesday, August 02, 2011
The Unconstitutional "Super Congress" Council of Twelve
The so-called Venetian Republic's council of ten did the bidding of a small and criminal oligarchy and carried out political assassinations of its opponents with impunity. This Venetian sort of tyranny is what James Fenimore Cooper exposed in his novel The Bravo. If we accept this new form of "Super Congress," then we shall have an outright tyranny of twelve handpicked henchmen of Wall Street, and our true form of constitutional republic will be no more a republic than the quondam oligarchic charade known as the Serenissima Repubblica di Venezia. Obama aspires to be nothing more than Il Doge, a figurehead lap dog of this brave new world.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 7:10 AM
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- "Mental illness rise linked to climate"
- Good News on the Fight Against Disease
- Obama's Long Lost Uncle Arrested for Drunk Driving...
- Strange Bedfellow?
- Lilliputians Are At It Again
- Libya: The Humanitarian Mask Comes Off
- Ask Not What Is Debt? Ask What Is the Physical Eco...
- From Pizza to Stem Cells
- The Pusillanimity of Academia
- Meditation Upon Obama's Vacation
- The Unutterably Execrable State of Obama's "Space"...
- Rotten Ideology
- Greenspan says print more money
- Downgrade Standard and Poor's!
- The Babbling of Snake Oil Salesmen
- A Whiff (!) of Corruption at the IMF--Eau de Diabo...
- 69% Say It's Likely Scientists Have Falsified Glob...
- An Existential Dilemma for the Greenshirts
- The Unconstitutional "Super Congress" Council of T...
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)