Saturday, October 30, 2010
More "Quant" Arrant Nonsense
A typically hubristic paper makes its way upon the scene on the arXiv today with the sententiously ponderous title of "Replicating financial market dynamics with a simple self-organized critical lattice model." Now I am not going to attempt to put you to sleep with any quotes from this latest mathematical excrescence, dear reader. Suffice it to say that this is more of the same gobbledygook that gave the world the equivalent of a financial venereal disease known as derivative securities. The object of which is to perform a looting of the physical economy via computerized trading, etc.
The whole risible facade of this sham "chaos quantum field gauge group dilation theory" falls apart at once when you simply consider that it has been the space program which has caused the bringing forth into being of whole new classes of products benefiting society. That this is not some random happenstance only some quant idiot savant might try to pretend otherwise. But of course, while there are sheep to be fleeced, such shenanigans will continue apace...
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 6:27 AM
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- ► 2011 (218)
- More Sordid Political Tales
- More "Quant" Arrant Nonsense
- Genomic Organization Proven To be Non-Random
- Today's Polished Musicians
- The Truth About the Fraudulent U.S. Political Syst...
- The Lunatics Continue to Bay
- The Only Unquenchable Appetite
- A Royal Mess and Babylonian Quackery
- More used-up monetarist "debating" speeds to nowhe...
- First Movie Recommendation: Inside Job
- Elasticity, Stem Cells, Telomeres, and Loss of His...
- More Grist For The Mill From Professor Krugman
- Even the Washington Post Sometimes Divulges the Tr...
- Two very telling signposts -- one pure evil and on...
- Plasma soliton kink breather at the heliosphere?
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)