Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Today's Polished Musicians
These days performance of classical music is all surface. Techniques to enhance gymnast-like mechanical abilities abound. There is no sense that beauty is anything other than mere effect. Even the idea of substance is relegated at most to some arbitrary outpouring of supposedly intense emotion...Can it be that that same art that produced the Ninth Symphony dedicated to Schiller's call for a universal brotherhood of mankind has now become so trivialized and debased? Wagner inflicted his hateful compositions upon the world a century and a half ago...I'm afraid the musical world has never recovered.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 4:08 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- ► 2011 (218)
- More Sordid Political Tales
- More "Quant" Arrant Nonsense
- Genomic Organization Proven To be Non-Random
- Today's Polished Musicians
- The Truth About the Fraudulent U.S. Political Syst...
- The Lunatics Continue to Bay
- The Only Unquenchable Appetite
- A Royal Mess and Babylonian Quackery
- More used-up monetarist "debating" speeds to nowhe...
- First Movie Recommendation: Inside Job
- Elasticity, Stem Cells, Telomeres, and Loss of His...
- More Grist For The Mill From Professor Krugman
- Even the Washington Post Sometimes Divulges the Tr...
- Two very telling signposts -- one pure evil and on...
- Plasma soliton kink breather at the heliosphere?
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)