Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Brilliant Research In the Tradition of Louis Pasteur
Peanut allergy turned off by tricking immune system
Researchers have turned off a life-threatening allergic response to peanuts by tricking the immune system into thinking the nut proteins aren't a threat to the body, according to a new preclinical study from Northwestern Medicine. The peanut tolerance was achieved by attaching peanut proteins onto blood cells and reintroducing them to the body -- an approach that ultimately may be able to target more than one food allergy at a time.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 10:51 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- Democrats on Super Committee Plan for Savage Auste...
- The Winning Essay on Population
- The Essence of Change
- The Cain Mutiny
- Soaked in Bloody Irony
- Micro RNAs and Biophysics Methodology
- Einstein Vindicated
- Brilliant Research In the Tradition of Louis Paste...
- A Prime Example of Why True Science Is Not Based o...
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Crab Nebula Pulsar
- Mr. Obama's Troubles May Offer Some Hope For the U...
- City Planning
- Analog Wave Forms Versus Digital "Information" Mod...
- Jokers to The Left AND Right
- Note to Wall Street Demonstrators
- More Political Predictions
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)