Friday, October 21, 2011
The Essence of Change
The universal law of dynamics is nonlinear growth. The spiral form of that growth that is presented to humanity across domains and scales ranging from the infinite to the infinitesimal bespeaks a power that finds its epitome only in the sublime beauty that rules our imagination.
The cochlea is a spiral-shaped tunnel in the bony labyrinth of the inner ear. Its principal component is a strip of sensory tissue (red) called the organ of Corti. The organ of Corti is lined with rows of auditory hair cells. Hair bundles that project from the hair cells are deflected in response to sound-induced vibrations in the basilar membrane. This bending opens mechanically gated ion channels, initiating the conversation of the sound-induced mechanical stimulus into an electrical transmission
.M'hamed Grati and Bechara Kachar, NIDCD/NIH
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 7:02 AM
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- Democrats on Super Committee Plan for Savage Auste...
- The Winning Essay on Population
- The Essence of Change
- The Cain Mutiny
- Soaked in Bloody Irony
- Micro RNAs and Biophysics Methodology
- Einstein Vindicated
- Brilliant Research In the Tradition of Louis Paste...
- A Prime Example of Why True Science Is Not Based o...
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Crab Nebula Pulsar
- Mr. Obama's Troubles May Offer Some Hope For the U...
- City Planning
- Analog Wave Forms Versus Digital "Information" Mod...
- Jokers to The Left AND Right
- Note to Wall Street Demonstrators
- More Political Predictions
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)