Sunday, February 12, 2012
John Quincy Adams' Prophetic Speech that We Violate at Our Nation's Peril
"She [America] well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom."
These words delivered by Adams as Secretary of State in 1821 to Congress speak for themselves to anyone left with a scintilla of integrity and perspicacity in this God forsaken land.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 8:31 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- Random Planet Formation Model Called Absurd
- Obama Mission: Destroy Science and Hope
- Brief Outline of Principles for Long Term Space Tr...
- UnChristian Values-- Obama AND Santorum Have Plent...
- Dendritic Spine Synapse Formation--Riemann's Thoug...
- Model for Function of Neurogenesis in Olfactory Bu...
- Leonardo's Legacy
- Genius versus Oligarchism
- Isaac Newton and Aleister Crowley are birds of a f...
- John Quincy Adams' Prophetic Speech that We Violat...
- Evidence for Uniqueness of Our Solar System in the...
- Monetarist Lunacy vs. Physical Economy
- Why Rembrandt and Not Mannerism Was the True Succe...
- Eatiology: Well Tempered Cuisine
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)