Friday, March 30, 2012
Cultural Depravity and the Anti-Social Media
When the direction of society plummets toward the abyss, as is ours currently, all sorts of popular amusements become increasingly debased. Thus we are regaled daily by an increasingly ugly all manner of distempered meanness. What has been hyped and heralded as a high technology communications revolution is fast becoming a tool or perhaps better, a weapon for the forces of societal anomie. The manifold proof of this is so omnipresent to those who would only pause and consider, I will not belabor the obvious. To rephrase a dictum from Friederich Schiller's aesthetics-- you shall know them from their entertainments...
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 4:19 AM
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- Birds of a Feather: Atheists and Fundamentalists
- Cultural Depravity and the Anti-Social Media
- The Crab Nebula Confounds Physicist's Cherished Mo...
- The Washington Post: As Crappy As Ever Roasting in...
- The Financial Oligarchy's Counterfeit Economy
- The Mayan Calendar and WWIII: A Colloquoy
- A Real Life Greek Tragedy
- ...or perhaps this is feckless leader Obama's idea...
- Barack Obama's Anti-Science "Flat-Earth" Newspeak
- Kissinger Defends Putin as 'Russian Patriot'
- The Bio-relativity of Time
- Proxy Revolutions Anyone?
- LSD Conspiracy Theory
- Evolve Or Die
- Through Rembrandt's Eyes
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)