Saturday, June 11, 2011
3. Finally, in all the cases we have observed, there is a precursor signal in which the
54Mn count rate begins to change ∼1 day before the solar event. This observation raises the
possibility of establishing an “early-warning” system for potentially dangerous impending
solar storms, whose damaging eﬀects on astronauts; communications, navigation, defense
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 6:31 AM
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- Hooray! Happy Days Are Here Again.
- From The Mouth of Babes
- More on Seeding the Cosmos with Life's Precursors
- Impeach Tin Pot Obama!
- The Light of Time: A Theodicy of Sorts
- Aaron Burr and Derivatives
- Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
- Toroidal Shockwaves and Life
- Obama's Sense of Timing: Curiouser and Curiouser!
- Statistics Say the Darnedest Things!
- Obama: Being a dad is sometimes my hardest job
- Union leader compares NJ gov to Hitler at rally
- ‘Nothing More Impeachable' Than War Without Author...
- Greece: Tragedy or Hope?
- Entropic Gravity Wins The Prize This Time
- The IMF Hacked!!!
- Who Is Nuttier Weiner or Obama?
- On The Other Hand...
- Yet More Crocodile Tears from Paul Krudman
- This Kind of Stuff Must Make Prince Phillip and Co...
- E. coli: The Legacy of Rachel Carson and Friends
- 2 and 2 together
- But How Did This Actual Climate Science Get Past T...
- Pure Crapola
- The Wonder of Life
- Kepler's Harmony of the Worlds Might Also Be a Da...
- Hope For A Future If You Can Win It
- Americans' Obsession with Folly or the Tale of the...
- A Diversionary Tack?
- The World of Edgar Allan Poe: The Poetic Principle
- Please Pardon The Doggerel, But Sometimes I Get A ...
- Things We Would Like to See More Of
- The Harbinger of the E Coli Mutation
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)