Saturday, June 18, 2011
Obama's Sense of Timing: Curiouser and Curiouser!
"Charlie Savage writes that President Obama took the unusual step of overruling the head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel and the top counsel for the Defense Department in order to conclude that the U.S.'s participation in the war in Libya did not amount to "hostilities or "imminent hostilities." This meant that the 60 day clock in the War Powers Resolution did not continue to run. Hence, Obama was able to conclude that he was not in violation of the WPR's 60 day requirement because "hostilities" or "imminent hostilities" had not occurred since the beginning of April."
I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 10:54 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- Hooray! Happy Days Are Here Again.
- From The Mouth of Babes
- More on Seeding the Cosmos with Life's Precursors
- Impeach Tin Pot Obama!
- The Light of Time: A Theodicy of Sorts
- Aaron Burr and Derivatives
- Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
- Toroidal Shockwaves and Life
- Obama's Sense of Timing: Curiouser and Curiouser!
- Statistics Say the Darnedest Things!
- Obama: Being a dad is sometimes my hardest job
- Union leader compares NJ gov to Hitler at rally
- ‘Nothing More Impeachable' Than War Without Author...
- Greece: Tragedy or Hope?
- Entropic Gravity Wins The Prize This Time
- The IMF Hacked!!!
- Who Is Nuttier Weiner or Obama?
- On The Other Hand...
- Yet More Crocodile Tears from Paul Krudman
- This Kind of Stuff Must Make Prince Phillip and Co...
- E. coli: The Legacy of Rachel Carson and Friends
- 2 and 2 together
- But How Did This Actual Climate Science Get Past T...
- Pure Crapola
- The Wonder of Life
- Kepler's Harmony of the Worlds Might Also Be a Da...
- Hope For A Future If You Can Win It
- Americans' Obsession with Folly or the Tale of the...
- A Diversionary Tack?
- The World of Edgar Allan Poe: The Poetic Principle...
- Please Pardon The Doggerel, But Sometimes I Get A ...
- Things We Would Like to See More Of
- The Harbinger of the E Coli Mutation
- ▼ June (34)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)