Friday, June 08, 2012
Behaviorists Still Behaving Badly (Of Course)
On my blog the highest number of "hits" by far is from the brief item entitled Behaviorists Behaving Badly. I simply state the case that their worldview prohibits them from acknowledging that which fundamentally distinguishes human creative powers of mind from all other biological forms of life. We alone for better or worse can discover a higher ordering in physical reality that allows us to utilize energy in ever more efficient and dense ways to increase our well being.
All animals are utterly fixed in this regard, although they may exhibit certain qualities on the surface which are congruent or imitative with aspects of human behavior.
Of course, these truths will forever elude those who would hysterically deny them...
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 5:58 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- China Takes Up The Mantle of Civilization
- Why James Fenimore Cooper's Politics Made Him a Ma...
- Least Action Principle Awaits Innumerable Discover...
- Uprooting Our Mostly Misleading Assumptions
- DARPA Seeks to Automate Garment Industry: The Mora...
- Nature is Noble...Or Maybe Not So Much
- Massacre in Houla: Something is Very, Very Rotten
- Tabletop X-Ray Laser and Piero's Risen Christ
- Behaviorists Still Behaving Badly (Of Course)
- More Obama Graffitti on the Wall Creates an Eyesor...
- Eurodammerung, Greek Erinyes, and Spanish Tragedy
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)