Monday, June 11, 2012
DARPA Seeks to Automate Garment Industry: The Moral of the Story
This is on its face a worthy endeavor. Only Luddites would argue otherwise. It does beg the question, however, of the quality if job creation that is required for our exit out of the nightmarish post industrial/derivative securities based financial system that is so evidently collapsing around the planet.
We need plenty of cheap energy for robotics and a lot of other things. We need plenty of fresh water for agriculture, industry and human consumption. Massive water projects like NAWAPA for North America have been on the books for decades. We need massive upgrades in nuclear fusion research and the manned space program.
Instead of this, our so called leaders in both parties are scrambling to bail out speculative gambling casino too big to fail financiers as they stuff their pockets with their filthy lucre. This cannot stand for long.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 8:10 AM
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- China Takes Up The Mantle of Civilization
- Why James Fenimore Cooper's Politics Made Him a Ma...
- Least Action Principle Awaits Innumerable Discover...
- Uprooting Our Mostly Misleading Assumptions
- DARPA Seeks to Automate Garment Industry: The Mora...
- Nature is Noble...Or Maybe Not So Much
- Massacre in Houla: Something is Very, Very Rotten
- Tabletop X-Ray Laser and Piero's Risen Christ
- Behaviorists Still Behaving Badly (Of Course)
- More Obama Graffitti on the Wall Creates an Eyesor...
- Eurodammerung, Greek Erinyes, and Spanish Tragedy
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)