Sunday, June 24, 2012
China Takes Up The Mantle of Civilization
It is with a profound mixture of hope and disgust that any American worthy of the name must view the news of China's successful docking of three astronauts with their space station.-- Hope that we may be on the threshold of a new era of sovereign nations cooperating to undertake the necessary step of space colonization. -- Disgust that the people of the United States have been bamboozled by a latter day sordid burlesque of a Hollywood version of Emperor Nero's Rome.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 12:34 PM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- China Takes Up The Mantle of Civilization
- Why James Fenimore Cooper's Politics Made Him a Ma...
- Least Action Principle Awaits Innumerable Discover...
- Uprooting Our Mostly Misleading Assumptions
- DARPA Seeks to Automate Garment Industry: The Mora...
- Nature is Noble...Or Maybe Not So Much
- Massacre in Houla: Something is Very, Very Rotten
- Tabletop X-Ray Laser and Piero's Risen Christ
- Behaviorists Still Behaving Badly (Of Course)
- More Obama Graffitti on the Wall Creates an Eyesor...
- Eurodammerung, Greek Erinyes, and Spanish Tragedy
- ▼ June (12)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)