Sunday, April 29, 2012
Setting the Record Straight on the Real Life Edgar Allan Poe
The problem here of misrepresentations of Poe is the neglect of his politics by all and sundry. I have only come across a smattering of the truth on this most salient point. For instance, The Devil in the Belfry was an open attack on Aaron Burr's apprentice Martin Van Buren. King Pest was obviously Andrew Jackson. When the crash of 1837 halted any opportunity of Poe receiving credit, for his magazine project, it was engineered by these aforementioned creeps by the shutting down of Biddle's Second National Bank. Burr having murdered Hamilton, who created the First National Bank. Poe looked to Biddle for an appointment. Poe had a cousin who was the head a a branch of said bank. Now, Poe's attacks on the Transcendentalists and Immanuel Kant paralleled a remarkably similar literary figure, jurist, popularizer of Beethoven and composer: ETA Hoffman. Had Poe received his appointment and lived there would have been perhaps many more points of coincidence. It is not a matter of plagiarism, but rather the coincidence of "genius." Hoffman fought against the imbecilities of the "Enlightenment."
The biggest enemy of Poe was not Griswold or English, it was Charles Baudelaire and his cohort of ugly "intellectual" epigones. Like Genet, Gide, Lord Dunsany, (or is it Doneinsanity?) HP Lovecraft, inter alia.
Poe, in the prescience of his genius, smote these blackguards in advance in his attack upon the so called shepherd bard, the criminal James Hogg.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 6:32 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- As I was saying about the Roman Pantheon and Princ...
- On the Other Hand, A Fine Discovery
- These Fellows Will Be a Monkey's Uncle
- Setting the Record Straight on the Real Life Edgar...
- For the Benefit of Dr Tarpley
- Targeting the Chronically Ill...Here We Go Again?
- Complete Randomness Comes A Courting
- Theoretical Fusion Advancement?
- Obama's Bout of Apoplexy
- Socrates or Jesus?
- How Wonderfuly Quaint The Emir of Qatar Is
- JP Morgan Chase and the Wages of Poverty
- A Sort of Riddle: An Empire of Ugliness
- The Opium Boom in Afghanistan and The United State...
- Nicholas of Cusa: Unacknowledged Father of Modern ...
- Newton's "Pendent"
- Secretly Serviced Scandal: A Tale with a Moral to ...
- MIT on Overpopulation More Frogpondian Pseudoscien...
- Guenter Grass: New Forbidden Verses?
- Tremendous Breakthrough in Biological Research of ...
- What is Truly Faster than the Speed of Light?
- Astrophysicists Make Donkeys of Themselves
- Wherein the Solution to the Collapsed Economy is A...
- Scientific Masters of the Obvious
- Curiouser and Curiouser
- Saudi Humanitarians or Terrorist Financiers?
- Lords and Lady Luddites
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)