Thursday, April 26, 2012
Targeting the Chronically Ill...Here We Go Again?
"April 26, 2012, New York, NY—Noting the "unprecedented opportunity" provided under the Affordable Care Act, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, and other recently enacted federal laws, the Commonwealth Fund Commission on a High Performance Health System today unveiled a community-based plan to enhance health and reduce spending by improving care for chronically ill patients and targeting quality improvement efforts to conditions that can yield the greatest benefit in a relatively short time. The Health Improvement Community initiative proposed by the Commission has the potential to help those who most need more coordinated care and save $184 billion in health spending over the next 10 years."
All this, and not even one mention for the necessity of the expense of gas ovens! How very nice! After targeting the chronically ill for savings, why don't they go after the social outcasts and genetically inferior? Quality of life and all that, you see. Could be a lot of savings there...
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 4:32 AM
- ► 2020 (28)
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- As I was saying about the Roman Pantheon and Princ...
- On the Other Hand, A Fine Discovery
- These Fellows Will Be a Monkey's Uncle
- Setting the Record Straight on the Real Life Edgar...
- For the Benefit of Dr Tarpley
- Targeting the Chronically Ill...Here We Go Again?
- Complete Randomness Comes A Courting
- Theoretical Fusion Advancement?
- Obama's Bout of Apoplexy
- Socrates or Jesus?
- How Wonderfuly Quaint The Emir of Qatar Is
- JP Morgan Chase and the Wages of Poverty
- A Sort of Riddle: An Empire of Ugliness
- The Opium Boom in Afghanistan and The United State...
- Nicholas of Cusa: Unacknowledged Father of Modern ...
- Newton's "Pendent"
- Secretly Serviced Scandal: A Tale with a Moral to It
- MIT on Overpopulation More Frogpondian Pseudoscience
- Guenter Grass: New Forbidden Verses?
- Tremendous Breakthrough in Biological Research of ...
- What is Truly Faster than the Speed of Light?
- Astrophysicists Make Donkeys of Themselves
- Wherein the Solution to the Collapsed Economy is A...
- Scientific Masters of the Obvious
- Curiouser and Curiouser
- Saudi Humanitarians or Terrorist Financiers?
- Lords and Lady Luddites
- ▼ April (27)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)