Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Financial Comic Relief
According to Reuters today, a regulator, heading the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's review of the MF Global debacle, Jill Summers, not intendimg any irony, declared, "Now it's just finding out which ones of those transactions are legitimate and which ones of them are illegitimate."
Now, of course, in any sane world, the whole kit and caboodle of these hedge funds activities selling financial futures would be prima facie illegitimate. But, dear friends, we apparently live in some strange corner of a delirious mathematician's nightmarish sort of multiverse where "all is permitted." The never never land where financial leverage may legitimately be used to take down the very means of sustaining the future well being of our nation. So long as it is done according to the tune of the statistical formalae spewing from Wall Street's idiot savants otherwise known as "quants."
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 4:42 PM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- The Way Out: A Reflection Upon The New Year
- Even More Lunatic Than I Might Have Imagined
- The Bad Guys, Ripping Up the Constitution, and Vid...
- More Fish Tales for Christmas
- Garbage in = garbage out! Need I say more?
- Anyone not scarfing down the fish oil may be at ri...
- Roasting the London Economist's Chestnuts
- The Least of These
- Financial Comic Relief
- The Age of Space: from Christopher Columbus to JFK...
- "Roll-up" Demystified
- Our Financial Overlords and Aristotle's Definition...
- Question For Our Illustrious Legislators
- Today's Political Pawns And Edgar Allan Poe's Enem...
- Moloch Incarnate Walks Among Us
- Lord Russell in Hell
- A Search for the Higher Dimensional Non Linear Man...
- "Bioelectric" effects illustrate the boundary that...
- The Power of Mind
- The Great Game Cover Up
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)