Wednesday, December 14, 2011
The Age of Space: from Christopher Columbus to JFK
The dream of a new home far from the clutches of the empire of Moloch has been ever and anon the aspiration of humankind. Its constitution has been indelibly written upon the pages of the Epimethean giants of history. Thus did Nicholas of Cusa summon a council in Florence his call for ecumenical peace among nations and a declaration of the universal rights of freedom to create society fit for humanity free from the shackles of feudalism.
Thus did Cusa befriend and collaborate with the Florentine mapmaker who inspired Columbus, Toscanelli to nurture the possibility of a new and unfettered haven upon these shores.
Nicholas of Cusa
ToscanelliAnd it is therefore in the spirit of this mission that we cannot but proceed to the new worlds that will complete the triumph over the age old enemy of civilization. For it is in that undertaking that we come into further agapic filiation, as Cusa would have it, with our past and future.
Columbus"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 11:42 AM
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- The Way Out: A Reflection Upon The New Year
- Even More Lunatic Than I Might Have Imagined
- The Bad Guys, Ripping Up the Constitution, and Vid...
- More Fish Tales for Christmas
- Garbage in = garbage out! Need I say more?
- Anyone not scarfing down the fish oil may be at ri...
- Roasting the London Economist's Chestnuts
- The Least of These
- Financial Comic Relief
- The Age of Space: from Christopher Columbus to JFK...
- "Roll-up" Demystified
- Our Financial Overlords and Aristotle's Definition...
- Question For Our Illustrious Legislators
- Today's Political Pawns And Edgar Allan Poe's Enem...
- Moloch Incarnate Walks Among Us
- Lord Russell in Hell
- A Search for the Higher Dimensional Non Linear Man...
- "Bioelectric" effects illustrate the boundary that...
- The Power of Mind
- The Great Game Cover Up
- ▼ December (20)
- ► 2010 (139)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)