According to the College Board’s Trends in Student Aid study, 10 percent of people who graduated in 2007-8 with student loans had borrowed $40,000 or more. The median debt for bachelor’s degree recipients who borrowed while attending private, nonprofit colleges was $22,380.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Debt Moratoria Redux?
Many years ago a voice in the wilderness cried out for a debt moratorium for the third world. Maybe now the futility of propping up fat cat financiers might hit the mis-educated upon their collective craniums. (perhaps I ask for too much...)
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 5:00 AM
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- ► 2011 (218)
- Debt Moratoria Redux?
- Frank Rich: Illiterate Joker
- Open Letter on Rembrandt to Steve DiPaola
- Thank God for Japan! Bravo!
- Boycott BP now!
- Nationalize BP
- A Royal Mess, Or The Queen Is Not Amused
- King Pest Obama
- Exclusive Thingumbob Interview
- The Truth About the Information Age
- Reply to Water Russel Meade's Anti Global Warming ...
- The Truth About Sovereign Debt Bailouts
- Random Noise or Crosstalk? God Still Doesn't Shoot...
- Bankers In Euphoric Orgy: "Just Give Us the Dough,...
- A Classic Case of Manipulation of Misplaced Rage
- Principled Vampires Need More Blood
- Pseudoscience Mockery
- More Anti-science Quackery
- Stephen Hawking: You're No Einstein!
- The Value of Money: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Atheism Versus Intelligent Design: Another Dog and...
- The Ugly Truth About Paul Krugman
- Greek Crisis
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)