The Tea Party is meanwhile busy rewriting America’s early history under Beck’s tutelage by enforcing a vision of the Constitution tantamount to the Creationists’ view of Genesis. We must obey the words of the founding fathers literally — or what the Tea Partiers think those words to be. (Many Tea Partiers seem unaware that Medicare is a government entitlement postdating Tom Paine.) There can be no evolution or amendments. Any Obama initiatives are sacrilegious. All previous add-ons are un-American and must be pared away, from the Department of Education to the Americans with Disabilities Act.You have got to be kidding me. Tom Paine? Really? Even a sixth grader can Google Tom Paine's jeremiad against Christianity. Oh, what a dunce thou art! You make Sarah Palin look like a genius by comparison, Sirrah Rich Clown.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Frank Rich: Illiterate Joker
Here is the salient quote from Rich's pro Obama lament in today's NY Times:
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 4:45 AM
- ► 2020 (28)
- ► 2019 (14)
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- ► 2011 (218)
- Debt Moratoria Redux?
- Frank Rich: Illiterate Joker
- Open Letter on Rembrandt to Steve DiPaola
- Thank God for Japan! Bravo!
- Boycott BP now!
- Nationalize BP
- A Royal Mess, Or The Queen Is Not Amused
- King Pest Obama
- Exclusive Thingumbob Interview
- The Truth About the Information Age
- Reply to Walter Russel Meade's Anti Global Warming...
- The Truth About Sovereign Debt Bailouts
- Random Noise or Crosstalk? God Still Doesn't Shoot...
- Bankers In Euphoric Orgy: "Just Give Us the Dough,...
- A Classic Case of Manipulation of Misplaced Rage
- Principled Vampires Need More Blood
- Pseudoscience Mockery
- More Anti-science Quackery
- Stephen Hawking: You're No Einstein!
- The Value of Money: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Atheism Versus Intelligent Design: Another Dog and...
- The Ugly Truth About Paul Krugman
- Greek Crisis
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)