Saturday, May 08, 2010
(Left) The bladeless wind turbine, and (right) the stack of disks which rotate and are connected to a shaft. Image credit: Solar Aero.
(PhysOrg.com) -- A bladeless wind turbine whose only rotating component is a turbine/driveshaft could generate power at a cost comparable to coal-fired power plants, according to its developers at Solar Aero. The New Hampshire-based company recently announced its patent on the Fuller wind turbine, which is an improvement on a patent issued to Nikola Tesla in 1913.
If one Googles Lisa Zyga one finds an astonishing array of the most arrant balderdash imaginable. This persona is obviously a hoaxer. For instance, "Scientists model words as entangled quantum states in our minds." Mr E.A. Poe gave us a number of such pranks in his day.
But then again, as the narrator, Cide Hamete Benegeli, of Don Quixote often fondly quoted Avicenna as saying: "The whole world is crazy." For instance, compare how Hawking's latest reveries on hostile aliens and time warps puts him in the same league with Newton's alchemical ravings that Keynes (quite the madman in his own right, you understand) unearthed.
Posted by Thingumbobesquire at 5:31 AM
- ► 2016 (29)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (58)
- ► 2012 (162)
- ► 2011 (218)
- Debt Moratoria Redux?
- Frank Rich: Illiterate Joker
- Open Letter on Rembrandt to Steve DiPaola
- Thank God for Japan! Bravo!
- Boycott BP now!
- Nationalize BP
- A Royal Mess, Or The Queen Is Not Amused
- King Pest Obama
- Exclusive Thingumbob Interview
- The Truth About the Information Age
- Reply to Water Russel Meade's Anti Global Warming ...
- The Truth About Sovereign Debt Bailouts
- Random Noise or Crosstalk? God Still Doesn't Shoot...
- Bankers In Euphoric Orgy: "Just Give Us the Dough,...
- A Classic Case of Manipulation of Misplaced Rage
- Principled Vampires Need More Blood
- Pseudoscience Mockery
- More Anti-science Quackery
- Stephen Hawking: You're No Einstein!
- The Value of Money: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Atheism Versus Intelligent Design: Another Dog and...
- The Ugly Truth About Paul Krugman
- Greek Crisis
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (22)
- ► 2007 (16)